Today I would like to welcome back author and friend Sheri Velarde. I thought we would get to know her a little better, so without further ado, here is her author interview and a little look at her latest release, Between Love and War.
- What genre(s) do you write? I mainly am known as a paranormal romance author, though I am always pushing and expanding. I have a pulp fiction book coming soon, a light horror piece as well. I dabble in anything and everything. I am trying to grow as an author at all time.
- What was the hardest part of writing your book? Keeping the focus on Ares and Mania only. As my Gods Behaving Badly cast expands I keep getting other characters whispering in my ear that they want more page time. Lol They will each get a story of their own eventually.
- Are you a plotter or a pantser? Total pantser even though it even drives me nuts! I wish I plotted more, I really do, but I just like to write and see where the characters take me. Half the time the end is a surprise even to me!
- How long have you been a writer? I’ve been writing as long as I can remember, though I never dreamed of submitting my work. A good wanted to read one of my stories and encouraged me to try to get it published. The rest is history I suppose. I’ve been a published author going on four years now.
- How much time did it take from writing your first book to having it published? Truthfully only about six months. Once I decided to submit something finally, well things just picked up speed. I am still in shock that I have not only one, but multiple books published now.
- What other careers have you had? Retail, PR, restaurant, merchandising, you name it, there is a chance I have done it.
- What else would you like readers to know about you or your work? I love all things creative. I paint, make jewelry, love music. I think creativity feeds the soul. That’s why I am so supportive of other authors as well as artists of all walks of life.
- What is your favorite vacation spot? Paris. Do I need to say more? London is a close second. I am just in love with Europe as a whole!
- Which food could you not live without? Spaghetti. It’s my go to comfort food. Big juicy hamburgers and fries would be a close second, followed by pizza.
- If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you travel? Cape Town, South Africa. One of these days. I also want to visit Greenland. Don’t know why, I just do.
Sighing with relief that she hadn’t slammed the door in his face, he offered her a coffee. “I know it’s early for you, but I just couldn’t wait any longer. I spent the whole night kicking myself for the way I behaved yesterday. I was so emotional and confused I even called my sister for advice. I never call anyone for advice, let alone the goddess of love.”
“What advice did Aphrodite have?” Maia asked curiously, a slight smile playing on her face.
“To stop acting like an ass and to come and talk to you,” he admitted.
Maia actually laughed. “I always did like her. Come sit down. I really wanted to talk to you after I saw you standing outside, but you ran so fast. I tried going to your hotel as well, but they said you were no longer staying there. Your phone had been disconnected. How did you managed to disappear entirely so quickly? I was afraid I’d never see you again or get to explain what you saw.”
“And what did I see?” Ronan held his breath as he waited for an answer.
“Not something to warrant such a strong reaction, though I suppose if you had been the one who had seemingly blown me off and then I found you in the arms of another woman I would have reacted badly as well.” She took a break to sip some coffee and nibble on her croissant. Her lips were making it hard for Ronan to concentrate. All he wanted to do was capture them with his own. “My friend and business partner lost his father the other day. I spent the day before yesterday taking care of things so that he wouldn’t have to. You saw me comforting him when you stopped by. There was nothing romantic about that hug. I swear.”
“So there’s still hope for me?” Ronan asked, leaning forward, close enough to kiss her, but not daring to just yet.
“There will always be hope for you when it comes to me, Ronan. I’ve always loved you…”
He didn’t need to hear any more. He leaned in and captured her lips, kissing her like he wished he had at her opening. He knew he shouldn’t push her, that he should pull away and give Maia the space his sister advised, but the magic, love, and lust swirling around as he kissed her wouldn’t let him. He had been searching for this ever since the fall and he had lost his one true love. Now that he had her again he didn’t know if he could ever let her go. The good news was that Maia wasn’t fighting or trying to pull back. Instead she leaned into the kiss, moaning softly. That was all the encouragement that he needed. He grabbed Maia and pulled her closer, lifting her easily and settling her on his lap. She wrapped her arms around his neck, never breaking their kiss.
Sheri Velarde, lives in New Mexico with her fiancé and their two dogs.
Being an avid reader since an early age, she has wanted to be a writer for as long as she can remember. She has been writing all her life, but only recently started to actually try to pursue her dream of writing for a living. She specializing in paranormal romance and erotic romance.
She is constantly putting out new material with various publisher, so it is best to keep up with her on her website www.sherivelarde.weebly.com.
In her spare time Sheri is an artist, jewelry designer, and freelance non-fiction writer.